Daily Kos (Kos Media LLC) via Stack Overflow
Jan 30th 2019
LOCATION: Remote within the US or Oakland, CA
Daily Kos is the nation's largest liberal online political community, news organization, and activism hub. Powered by millions of dedicated activists, we're transforming media and organizing by empowering regular Americans to reshape politics.
We are seeking an independent, self-aware, remote-work experienced Web Developer who will deliver new features in the Content Applications (publishing, authoring, commenting, image library) team on a large Rails application. This person will support the Sr. Applications Architect of the Content Applications team with mentoring and technical input specific to the Rails stack.
- Development of a large Ruby/Rails application and delivery of features to production.
- Mentoring of less experienced application developers through pairing, discussions, etc.
- Maintenance of a production Rails application after we transition to service-oriented design.
- Two to four years development experience with Ruby/Rails and some production experience with React.
- Experience being on-call for a production Rails application to which you have contributed code, and for which on-call duty is shared across the team.
- Ability to clearly articulate your position on TDD/BDD/testing, etc.
- Experience integrating third party APIs in Ruby.
- An interest in learning new things.
The above list is a set of highly desired attributes; we will evaluate each candidate as a whole. Tell us about unique skills, experiences, and attributes that you can bring to such a role that we may be missing and why it would be a benefit to the organization.
$90,000 - $105,000
This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position and supervised by the Sr. Applications Architect. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The position offers a flexible work environment, the ability to work remotely or from home, competitive salary, excellent benefits including: full medical, dental and vision benefits, optional 401K with a company match, professional development stipend, a generous vacation package, as well as employer-paid maternity/family leave. Our organizational commitment to personal growth and work-life balance reduces churn and encourages a very rewarding long term position.
At Daily Kos, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences, and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective activists, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We have a team of amazing people with different backgrounds and talents that are energized by the day's news events, and people united by common cause. We're a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQIA individuals strongly encouraged to apply.