Marketcircle via Stack Overflow
Markham, ON, Canada
Dec 19th 2018
Marketcircle is looking for a front end web developer that understands the value of visual design - and is excited to develop web applications. You will own, nurture, and be passionate about the website application - understanding the importance it plays for the company's success. You must also be commited to coninuous learning and be able to work with a diverse team of skilled peers.
This is a great opportunity for a someone who lives in Canada and is looking for remote work and the opportunity to grow within a startup style company. If you're pro-active, motivated and aren't afraid to share your awesome ideas with the rest of the team, we definitely want to hear from you.
How you'll spend your time:
- Participate in Daily Huddles to outline goals and objectives for the day
- Work on customer-facing web applications, including large marketing initiatives
- Build applications for internal use to aid operation teams
- Manage, design and implement the company website application
- Translate visuals from our graphic designer into cohesive and fully functioning code
- Test code against multiple devices and OSs' to ensure site is responsive
- Research web trends to identify areas for technical improvement
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Python, Ruby, Ember, React, JQuery, etc.
- A deep understanding of Web Technologies and coding responsive sites
- Experience with cross-browser requirements (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on iOS)
- Familiarity with responsive design
- Familiarity with Git or other source control tools
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Experience developing for Macs and iPhones/iPads
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs
- Handlebars & Bootstrap
- Experience using JIRA
- High level understanding of SEO
- A great communicator - you can speak ‘geek' and ‘customer' at the same time
- A team player - do your part to get the job done
- A master of priorities - you know what's important, what can be tabled, and when to say no
- Patient - in this role, things change quickly and sometimes you have to roll with the punches
- Creative - you know there is always a better way of doing something, and seek it out
- A believer of Kaizen - you have a development mindset and are full of curiosity
Marketcircle Inc. is a fun, team-oriented startup style company that develops award-winning business apps for OS X and iOS. (Yes! We're a Mac only shop!) Mac-fanatics welcome to apply. We're young, dynamic, and pro having a healthy work-life balance. Our team is primarily remote, and we respect you enough to make your own schedule. Need to leave early for an appointment? Not a morning person and prefer to start later than the "normal morning"? No problem. We trust our employees to get their work done on their own schedule, and understand that people have obligations. We are passionate about our work as well as enjoying the life we work for.
We promote a fun, positive, and creative work environment. If you're an a- player that likes to share out-of-the-box ideas, you'll feel right at home in the Marketcircle Team.
Click the link below and carefully study the wireframe and its contents. We need you to code it, save it, and send it. We want to see your HTML, CSS, Markdown, and anything else that's relevant. Bonus points if it's responsive and tested against multiple devices. Please send your code response, cover letter and any other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Asim.