VP of Engineering
Crossover via Stack Overflow
Jun 2nd 2018
Aurea takes an unorthodox approach to hiring in an attempt to improve the candidate experience by expediting the hiring process through an innovate online hiring tournament. Candidates will receive an offer as soon as the day of the event should they be successful.
We're running an Online Hiring Tournament on June 9th to hire VPs of Engineering (USD $200K/yr).
This event will include all testing for the role. Upon grading the deliverables from the event, we will set up qualified candidates with an interview with the hiring manager, who can hire 15 VPs this week. This is a 100% remote, full-time role.
The VP of Engineering will serve as a key member of the global executive team for Aurea or one of its affiliated sister companies and will be responsible for quarterly high-quality product delivery. As part of the leadership team, you will be expected to run an engineering organization using a revolutionary and radically differentiated process. With a focus on small, great global teams, productivity, factory-like process, and quantifiable business impact, you will be expected to drive higher levels of value and productivity from your engineering organization than most companies would expect to achieve.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (MS or PhD preferred) is absolutely mandatory.
- 15+ years of engineering experience leading multiple teams across multiple products and technologies — this is a global leadership role for a seasoned software development leader, not a first executive role for a great software development manager
- Experience is Software Engineering focused instead of product management
- Proven experience in building high-performance teams and scalable best engineering practices
- Spent 5 years in hands-on C++, Java or .NET architecture and programming in a hands-on, development-intensive individual contributor role
- Recent experience with DevOps and Cloud architecture. We live in the Cloud.
- Experience with high-end enterprise systems deployed in environments of Global 100 corporation complexity
We recommend that you attend the tournament instead of applying online, as our tournament process will be much faster.
Click Apply Now > Register at the green button - you will receive the webinar link after completing registration.