UX Designer - Part-Time Remote Consultant
Fracta Inc. via Stack Overflow
Feb 14th 2019
- Gather & evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers & engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look
- Create original graphic designs (eg: images, sketches and tables)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Follow existing style standards for brand (eg: fonts, colors and images)
- Must be within a 3-hour drive to San Carlos, CA. for monthly or bi-monthly meetings.
- Prior professional experience designing UI's for both B2B and B2C web-based software.
- Comfortable with and can transition UX prototypes into modern HTML and CSS. A separate UI Developer team will take it from there.
- Must have legal right to work for any US-based company.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Some experience with Sketch
- Some knowledge about or exposure to GIS-based software solutions
- Some knowledge about or exposure to solutions for the engineering or utilities industries
- Sketches, rough prototypes
- Wireframes: Low-fidelity wireframes using collaborative tools
- UX Flows: Process maps, journey maps
- High fidelity prototypes: Prototypes that showcase visual design elements, built in a tool such as Sketch. May also include other visual artifacts incl. style tiles, mood boards, etc.