Mozilla via Jobspresso
Oct 7th 2018
The Internet you know and love is at risk. A range of political and commercial forces threaten our chances to keep the Internet a global public resource, open and accessible to all.
At Mozilla Foundation, we're building a movement to protect and advance the Internet. From fellowships to festivals, campaigns to research, Mozilla impacts the world through diverse initiatives. As an engineer, you will help drive this mission through several platforms:
The Role: Are you a front-end engineer who cares deeply about user experience and design? In this role, you will advance our web platforms to increase Mozilla's impact. We prefer someone located near other staff in New York NY, Vancouver BC, or Toronto ON, but will consider remote work for an outstanding individual.
Mozilla Foundation is committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.
Please note this is a one year fixed-term opportunity.
- Talent for crafting elegant web interfaces
- An eye for visual design, translated carefully in code
- Skill with responsive web principles and methods
- Eagerness to learn, expand your skills, and try new tools
- Comfortable working with version control (Mentoring available. Experience with Git and Github is helpful)
- Eager to expand your technical skill set – our primary stack is Django (Wagtail), with a sprinkling of React, and Sass
- Passion for collaborative work – excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- 1-3 years of experience
What you will do:
- Make delightful interactive features on web properties
- Collaborate with visual designers and engineers to ensure a seamless user experience from design to implementation
- Conduct peer code reviews and discuss feedback with designers and program staff
- Work with data insights and Analytics integration
- Advocate for users and top-notch web practices
- Travel periodically for face-to-face teamwork
Experience Pluses (not required):
- Active on GitHub
- Gather requirements and draft wireframes
- Work on open source projects
- Develop accessible web sites
- Write automated tests for client side code
- Work with a remote team
Job perks: Excellent benefits, generous vacation time, paid trips to multiple events, and work alongside an incredible team.
Interested? Send a cover letter, resume, and links to your work (please list your primary contributions). If you are deeply passionate about building great user experiences, please don't hesitate to apply even if your experience and skills doesn't perfectly match our ideal credentials. We all love to expand our skills through our work.
Will you help us make the Internet a better place for everyone?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.