Jul 12th 2018
On being a Technical Sales Lead or Sales Engineer at Resin.io
We run sales like we run engineering. While closing deals is important, we're more interested in helping customers succeed with resin.io and solving their technical challenges. We're also a process-driven team and work to make our sales process as efficient as possible.
We mostly focus on inbound sales for now, understanding the needs of potential customers, helping them discover what about resin.io is most helpful for them, onboarding them to our platform, and ultimately helping them grow their business and scale their IoT fleets. We succeed when our customers succeed.
- Identify and nurture leads from our user base, inbound requests, events, etc.
- Engage with potential customers and guide them through their evaluation of resin.io by providing demonstrations, answering technical questions, and explaining how resin.io can address their specific needs
- Maintain relationships with existing customers, help them continue to grow with resin.io, and take ownership of expansion, renewal and upgrade opportunities
- Manage extended customer projects (such as an enterprise proof of concept)
- Develop tools and methods for improving process efficiency and automation
Need to have:
- Ability to understand and empathize with customer needs and requirements, and work directly with customers to address those needs.
- Willing and able to learn complex technical subjects and develop a deep understanding of the resin.io platform.
- Equally skilled at presenting to business executives and engineers.
- Highly organized, able to handle many threads at once, and keep things moving - you'll be interacting with many different customers on any given day.
- Ability to navigate the sales process within organizations ranging from small startups to large multinationals.
- Self-motivated and able to drive results without too much management.
- Desire to make yourself and others more effective. You're always looking for ways to improve the process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and fluency in English.
Nice to have:
- Technical or engineering background
- Experience with resin.io-related technologies (e.g. Docker, Linux, IoT devices like the Raspberry Pi)
- Experience working with IoT companies
- Understanding (and healthy skepticism) of sales processes and best practices