Technical Coach (Design)
Thinkful Inc. via Stack Overflow
Oct 8th 2018
Technical Coach (Design)
Remote · Part Time or Full Time
Founded in 2012, Bloc was the first online coding bootcamp. Today, Bloc offers aspiring career-changers programs in software development and design. Bloc offers you an opportunity to join a tight-knit team pursuing a worthy goal: the training, guidance, and support of those who are working towards to new careers as developers and designers. Job Description
Bloc's mission is to help individuals pursue their craft and improve their lives. As a Technical Coach at Bloc, you will directly help students develop mastery and support them on their journey to become software developers and designers by helping them solve their day-to-day problems and questions. Responsibilities
- Respond to technical questions and guidance requests that come to the Technical Coaching team
- Adhere to the established Service-Level Agreement to ensure students are receiving responses in the defined timely manner
- Maintain the required quality in assisting students with technical questions and guidance
- Adhere to processes implement by the Technical Coaching team
- Provide strategic feedback to the Technical Coaching Lead to improve the experience for students and optimize the processes of the team
- Ensure communication with students and others always exemplifies Bloc's core values
- As necessary, work with Grading Team Lead and other Grading Team Members
- As necessary, interact with mentors, Student Success, or students ad-hoc
- Must have at least 6 months of professional industry experience OR have completed one of Bloc's Developer Track programs OR have completed Bloc's Design Track Program successfully
- Strong written communication skills
- Patient and empathetic
- High level of detail orientation and an exceptional work ethic
- Must thrive working autonomously
- Genuinely excited about helping students who are taking charge of their own education and striving for better careers
- Developed sense of empathy and understanding (Learning can be a challenge!)
- Must be coachable and adaptable to a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection
- Eligible to work in the United States (Bloc does not currently sponsor visas)
- Must reside in one of the following states: Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin
Terms of Employment
- This role will last for a period of 3 months; continuation depends on performance and mutual interest.
- Remote .
- Flexible full-time or part-time roles available, with the option to work evenings and weekends when Bloc students are active. 10 hours per week minimum.
- Full-time roles are eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits.