Technical Cloud Lead and Architect
Thycotic via Stack Overflow
Sep 15th 2018
The Technical Cloud Lead and Architect is a combination development lead and architect position that is responsible for the operation, management, and high level architectural design decisions of R&D, QA, and DevOps deployment as it relates to new Cloud development and SaaS product offerings. Ensuring that timelines and quality goals are met are the core responsibilities of this position.
The Technical Cloud Lead and Architect will report to the VP of Software Development and will have direct reports. Ideally, this candidate is located in the DC Metro area, however will consider a remote opportunity for the right person. This position will require frequent travel to the DC headquarters.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Oversee and accountable for Development process
- Manage and mentor team leads (R&D)
- Encourage and ensure Agile development practices are being followed
- Create and manage automated workflows that enable continuous delivery and zero downtime of products.
- Create and execute on plan for maintaining offering SLA, cloud resource management and monitoring
- Lead the design and development process to ensure that SaaS applications are fully scalable and built to last
- Setting expectations on timelines and roadmap features with other managers and executive stakeholders
- Open lines of communication with operations stakeholders (Sales / Marketing) about how changes in priorities and resource allocations impact timelines
- Work with Development team to ensure timelines are met
- Uphold consistent deliverables and quality
- Responsible for overseeing the hiring and firing process for team
- Be a subject matter expert for all cloud products developed
- Maintain high level of collaboration with other Development Leadership and Product Management
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy.