System Engineer, Web Services
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc. via Stack Overflow
Jan 27th 2019
System Engineer, Web Services
Alternate Job Title: System Engineer, DevOps
Work Location: Fort Meade, MD, 20755
Can you help design and manage the infrastructure DOD's primary public facing web sites? We have started our DevOps journey, and need you to help us reach the next level!
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., (http://www.omnitecinc.com) has an immediate employment opportunity for a strong Systems Engineer supporting a high profile web hosting infrastructure at our client site in Ft. Meade, Maryland.
Quick Note #1: US citizenship and either an active clearance or a clearance that has been inactive less than 24 months;
Quick Note #2: Partial remote/telecommute hours are available, but you must reside locally to the 20755 area
Come be part of our continuing effort to understand and implement emerging next-generation best practices such as running a lean enterprise, version control, and managing Infrastructure as Code. Help us as we transition our infrastructure and processes into a cloud-based, highly scalable, and efficient environment.
You will work closely with other System/Network professionals, Web Developers, Database Administrators, Built/Test engineers and Help Desk professionals supporting hundreds of sites, including:
- http://www.marines.mil/; and
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploy and support the Windows Platform on physical hardware and virtual machines.
- Deploy and support ASP.Net and PHP Web applications using technology such as IIS, ARR, Microsoft SQL Server and other web related technologies.
- Support virtual infrastructure locally and within AWS cloud
- Provide operational support such as server monitoring, backups, patching, and other duties as required.
- Write PowerShell to automate redundant tasks.
- Find novel solutions to difficult problems.
- Constantly learn and improve.
- Share knowledge and collaborate with your teammates.
- 5+ years relevant professional experience.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with a virtualization platform such as VMWare
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server.
- Scripting Skills (PowerShell strongly preferred).
- Fundamental knowledge of networking and common protocols.
- Understanding of IIS and related Web technologies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Servers
- Security certification such as Security+ certification or higher or ability to immediately obtain.
- US citizenship and either an active clearance or the ability to immediately obtain an Interim Secret is required.
- Experience with technologies such as: Github, Splunk, and JIRA/Confluence;
- Knowledge of configuration management using tools such as Desired State, Configuration (DSC), Chef, or Puppet;
- Experience with a CDN such as Akamai;
- Helpful certifications include but are not limited to: MCSA, MCSE, Server+, CISSP, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
Why should you apply?
- Ability to work with emerging technologies;
- Highly collaborative team environment;
- Remote working opportunities;
- Tuition/Certification reimbursement.
Please apply via the link on this posting or via: http://omnitecinc.applytojob.com/apply/
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.