Amazee via Remote OK
Jul 5th 2018
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires that you work during standard office hours in Australia (UTC+10 to UTC+8)
Do you loathe repetitive tasks? Do you spend hours developing automation processes rather than doing the same thing three times? Do you believe in DevOps as a culture? Do you want to contribute to an open-source project on a daily basis? Then we may have the perfect job for you.
amazee.io is looking for a System Engineer to join our tech team. You will be essential in ensuring the stability and growth of our high-performance hosting environment. We are a lean, open, international, and fully remote team.
Our hosting environment is based on Docker and Kubernetes/OpenShift, operates in multiple locations all over the world, is a completely open source project, and currently serves over 500 million hits per month. We are constantly updating and improving the platform and need bright minds who are interested in helping us scale to build the world's best and fastest Drupal hosting environment.
- Ensure stability of our hosting environment
- Specify, implement, document, and roll out features/updates
- Provide outstanding support to our clients via Slack and in E-Mail
- Support tech teams by implementing DevOps Principles
- Go the extra mile for our customers to provide trouble-free deployments of their sites
- Available for frequent off hours “on call” duty
- You work during standard office hours in Australia (UTC+10 to UTC+8) (you can either live in this timezone or just like to work during these hours)
- 3 years+ of System-Engineer/System-Admin experience
- Working knowledge of Linux, Nginx, Varnish, MariaDB/MySQL
- Communicating effectively via cat gifs and emojis
- Experience with OpenShift and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with Docker and Ansible
- Experience with CI Systems like Jenkins
- Experience with high availability and clustered servers
- Basic knowledge of Mac OS X, Windows
- You've heard of Drupal and PHP and it doesn't scare you
- Talking to clients and doing demos to unknown people doesn't scare you
- You can work independently as well as part of a team
- You are experienced with or are familiar with agile project methodologies and principles
- Ability to analyze problems and keep calm and focused when outages occur
- Very good at reading, writing, and communicating in English
- Experience with server security and system hardening
- Experience with Node.js or Golang
- Experience with performance optimization and load testing
- You like to share your knowledge by speaking at conferences and meetups
- Work in a distributed team of creative professionals in a flat international organization
- Opportunity to build a first-class open-source hosting environment
- Budget for tech equipment every two years
- Annual budget for education and health & wellness
- Attendance to events and conferences
- Location is not important. What is important however is a willingness to work during business hours in the UTC+10 timezone.
If you are excited by the opportunity to join an international hosting company and think you might be a good fit, we would love to hear from you!