US East Coast or Europe
Oct 7th 2018
We're looking for a Web Support team manager located in the US- East Coast or EU to help lead our passionate, distributed support staff and work with them to create effective and efficient support processes and solve users' problems. The Account Support Manager will be managing our US- East Coast & EU Team.
The Web Support Accounts Manager will work with their team members to provide guidance and support in the day-to-day work environment. The manager will also work side-by-side with the team answering emails and help resolve users' issues as quickly and awesomely as possible. The manager will also participate in the weekly management meetings providing input and guidance into the team direction and future growth of the organization.
When GitHub users have questions, they email support. We help people as quickly and awesomely as possible. Our Account Support team handles a wide range of questions that require a logical brain and a spidey sense to investigate and determine the appropriate solution to many of the problems.
The most important characteristic of our support team is that we love helping developers. GitHub is a place for people to work better, together. Our job is to help. Support treats users the way we'd want someone to treat our friends.
Our support teammates have excellent writing chops: stellar grammar, charming written personality, and the ability to explain complicated things simply. We measure our success in swiftness, accuracy, and clarity.
The Web Support Accounts Manager will report to the Director of Web Support, who will help maintain open lines of communication among team members and help keep work focused on things that are important to the individuals, the team, and the company. They will also keep communication open with the Engineering and Product teams to serve everyone involved. The Web Support Accounts Manager will work with the Human Resources team to help resolve personnel issues as they arise as well as hiring for Web Support.
- Meeting 1-1 with team members on a regular basis
- Planning and supporting career development
- Giving guided performance feedback
- Serving as a coach and mentor
- Keeping communication channels open within the entire Support team as well as cross-functionally
- Serving as hiring manager for the team
- Participating in management conversations about the day-to-day business as well as future direction and strategy of the team
- Responding to user emails
- Working with Engineering to resolve problems on GitHub.com
- Driving efficiencies within support tools and processes
- Tracking and monitoring project progress and ensuring deliverables are completed
- Must currently reside in one of the following: Austria, Croatia, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- Must have current working authorization in country listed above
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with managing people
- Passionate about creating and fostering good support practices
- Ability to empathize with a diverse range of people
- A strong sense of empathy and the ability to advocate for others
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A malleable writing style and voice
- Have worked with a distributed team
- Experience working remotely
- Managing a remote team
- Hiring experience
- Prior customer support experience
- Technical experience (QA, documentation, elaborate boardgames)
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.