Sr. Scala/AWS Engineer
Blue Orange Digital via We Work Remotely
Jul 12th 2018
Headquarters: Stamford CT
**** This is a remote position for US applicants only.
**** Due to legal requirements, no exceptions can be made. *****
Founded by freelance engineers, Blue Orange Digital wanted to bring an engineering-first approach to the development agency model. We aim to work on projects that use the latest and greatest technologies. We care about the products we build and only work with clients that understand that good applications come from happy engineers. We are an entirely distributed team members all across the US.
Seeking a Sr. Scala Engineer to contribute to client project dealing with financial services industry tax coordination. This is very technical work and requires an experienced developer that tackles specification complexity with elegant solutions. This role will be a senior position with architectural discretion over the application. This is not a greenfield application but is a recent rewrite of a legacy system onto AWS. All services are dockerized. This app is in process of migrating from internal VM's with Docker to OpenShift (Kubernetes).
An ideal candidate should be a self-driven, experienced and detail focused. The candidate should be comfortable with Scala and Akka with related frameworks. Strong analytical skills are a must when designing the platform architecture. The candidate should be able to follow requirement documents and voice his/her opinions on possible improvements and innovations.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science
- Experience with Scala, SBT, and Akka
- AWS (AWS Certifications preferred)
- Both Sql and No-Sql (MongoDB) Experience
- Experience programming for the JVM
- A strong understanding of concurrent, parallel, and distributed systems
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Knowledge or experience in test-driven development (TDD) and continuous deployment best practices
- Experience leading large-scale, complex, development projects.
To apply: Send a resume to Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org