Sr. Front End Engineer- Growth and Lifecycle
GrubHub Seamless via Stack Overflow
New York, NY
Sep 23rd 2018
We're Grubhub, the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we've been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We're moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we're delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let's talk. We're eager to show you what we bring to the table.
GrubHub is seeking experienced engineers to join its Growth & Lifecycle team. This team is at the center of building Grubhub's restaurant application to support restaurants in growing and improving their business in order to drive more orders to our platform, including offering promotions, concessions, responding to reviews. Candidates in this space should have a strong desire to drive innovation by building feature rich, scalable systems that are conducive to evolution.
Some Challenges You'll Tackle
Tens of thousands of hungry Diners utilize our platform daily. Our goal is to make the process of ordering food as easy and seamless as possible. As part of the restaurant application team you'll be focusing on implementing new features with product, improving the overall performance, and using new & emerging technologies to further business goals.
You Should Have
- 3-5 years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications (e-commerce preferred)
- History with one of the 3 major web frameworks (React, Vue, Angular)
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Experience guiding and mentoring junior developers
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections