Anywhere in US
Sep 30th 2018
Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters and why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring a Space Reporter.
Why it Matters: We are looking for a talented reporter to helm a new focus area on the Axios Science team. A successful candidate will be smart and articulate about the science, technology, business and politics of space.
Go Deeper: You'll be responsible for writing a new weekly space newsletter and reporting news and enterprise stories about space for the Axios website. You'll also be responsible for breaking news on important advances in space research and technology.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios' mission. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to break stories, spot trends for longer-range coverage, and convey contextual meaning to developments on the beat. The newsletter will include original reporting and curated analyses from Axios' Expert Voices network. Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
- A track record of breaking space stories and covering news from different angles
- A deep understanding of space science and technology
- The ability to convey the wonder and curiosity of space exploration
- A passion for the wonder of space
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend