Solr SME / DevOps, for Federal Contract - immediate start date
Isotope Eleven, inc via We Work Remotely
Sep 11th 2018
Headquarters: Birmingham, AL
Solr SME / DevOps - Federal Contract - Immediate start date - remote position
We are a development firm based in Birmingham, AL since 2005 and we have an immediate need for a Solr SME. This is for a Federal contract which should 1.5-3 years. The position will require 20-25 hours per week for 1-3 months and then will become full time after that. This contract is to maintain all the backend databases to include Solr. The SME would be responsible for items like supporting SOLR cloud configurations, maintain configurations changes, some performance tuning, and working with the other staff in a DevOps culture to ensure they can properly integrate with Solr.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Architecting, Designing and developing search systems at an enterprise scale.
- Possess good experience in working with globally distributed development teams
- SME across a wide range of systems at the enterprise architecture level
- Experience in implementing modern IT architecture using cloud, micro-services, API management based technologies
- Performs well in first-time situations, quickly acquiring and utilizing new knowledge and skills
- Serve as a technical expert for Solr and related search technologies
- Linux expertise
- Ability to design table structures and write stored procedures
- Experience working on agile teams
- BS degree, preferably in a technical field, or other education (i.e. technical certifications). MS degree preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- able to communicate well, show initiative and be able to work independently.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (Required).
Start date: ASAP
Type: 1099 contract, part-time to start, full-time within 1-3 months.
Compensation: $76.50/hr (~$160,000/yr) paid every other Friday - direct deposit
Remote work: Yes
Contract length: 1.5-3 Years
To apply: Send CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org