Software/API Engineers (All Levels, Remote)
Impala via Stack Overflow
Jul 2nd 2018
Impala is expanding it's engineering team to help us scale the platform that will power innovation in hospitality globally. You'll be joining a venture funded startup that is changing the way the hospitality industry works.
You'll be working directly on building new functionality into the product as well as working on existing features.
An engineer at Impala:
- Takes ownership of features.
- Wants to create great APIs for other developers to work with.
- Spends time working on tooling to fix our common problems. In the past this has involved building chrome extensions and open source libraries.
- Has a direct input in the formulation of functionality.
- Cares enormously about developing professionally.
We are accepting fully remote applicants within Western Europe. An office stipend is provided to all employees and frequent travel to team meetings is paid.
All full-time employees will take equity stakes in the company.
Skills & Requirements
We're looking for engineers who are genuinely interested in using the latest web technologies when they're available. We're also looking for people who can build things well and also like to ship.
You won't be asked about linked lists or binary search trees in your interview but you will be asked about ES6 and APIs that you've worked with.
The recruitment process:
The process is extremely quick but we're highly selective.
What we need to see:
- Experience in Node
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres preferable)
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- An interest in taking ownership of functionality
What we'd love to see:
- Experience with ReactJS
For more information on Impala, check out our articles covering: