Software Support Analyst
TaxJar via We Work Remotely
Jul 24th 2018
Headquarters: Remote, USA
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
- Solve technical problems for customers on a daily basis. Our software support analysts need to be fast learners and get up to speed quickly on our product and integrations.
- Categorize and quickly respond to customer questions and requests via email (we use Help Scout).
- Face debugging issues not only within our own Ruby and PHP codebase but also with the many technologies employed by our customers.
- Troubleshoot SmartCalcs API questions, and help customers with WooCommerce plugin and Magento extension questions.
- Track & monitor all customer requests and trending product issues.
- Distill complex issues into underlying causes and work directly with our product development teams to deploy solutions while consistently delivering world-class support.
- Interact with the developers to help identify root causes to bugs and exceptions reported by customers or by our application.
- Proven experience in a technical help desk or customer support role
- Demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot errors in one or all SQL, Ruby and PHP
- Experience supporting open source carts like WooCommerce and Magento
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications
- Experience working with a remote team
- Extremely patient...sales tax can be painful and our goal is to ease that pain :-)
- Ability to multitask on various client issues and prioritize issues.
- Approaches success from the customer's point of view
- You enjoy teaching
- Able to explain complex concepts in easy to understand language
- Interested in understanding the ins-and-outs of sales tax
- Attentive to details, both in communication and in explaining how TaxJar works
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We're peers here, no egos please) but are also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy (we'll actually pay you $500 a year to take time off!)
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
To apply: Apply here: https://taxjar.workable.com/jobs/724522/candidates/new Please treat this as your first interview. We receive lots of resumes, so here's your chance to stand out from the crowd.