Software Engineering Manager
Red Rock Tech Solutions, LLC via Stack Overflow
Colorado Springs, CO
Jun 8th 2018
Location: Colorado Springs, CO is preferred; remote is an option (must reside in the US)
- Manage and direct a team of software developers. Evaluate employee performance, set expectations and goals for team and individual staff members, recruit and train staff
- Work with software engineers to execute full lifecycle software development
- Ensure that well designed, testable, efficient code is written
- Ensure software components are integrated into a fully functional software system
- Oversee documentation and maintain software functionality
- Maintain accurate tracking of issues and work items
Team Size / Dynamics
- You will be managing a distributed development team, and will be working with a variety of technical team members (QA engineers, software architects, systems engineers, DBAs, and PMs)
- We work collaboratively, using Kanban for task management
- Our processes and systems are geared towards making us lean, efficient and effective, and we will expect you to push these further
- We are heavily invested in Microsoft technology with Windows Server, .NET, Service Fabric, Azure, and SQL Server serving as the foundation for our systems.
- We maintain & develop solutions on a variety of platforms, including mobile, web, cloud, and desktop.
- 10+ years within Software Engineering/Development discipline
- 5+ years managing a software development team
- Demonstrated ability and interest to manage software developers
- Demonstrated ability and interest to effectively work with cross functional teams
- Competencies in Software Development, Leadership, Performance Management, Problem Solving/Analysis
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience with SOA, WCF, Service Fabric, Azure
- Experience with transportation related technologies
The other requirements (hard to quantify, but important nonetheless):
- Being passionate is important. Your software will support our aggressive growth as a company. We want you to own the projects you work on, and make them the best they can be. Transportation is an exciting and dynamic field, and we are looking for somebody who can get excited about transforming it.
- We need somebody who communicates well. Being able to communicate well in the English language, both written and verbal, is important. You will end up working with people other than developers & technical team members (end users, company management, etc.).
- We require a willingness to adapt and learn. Nobody knows everything, and we don't expect you to either. You will need the ability to pick things up quickly and be nimble in your approach.