Software Engineer, QA Automation
npm via Jobspresso
US Time Zones
Mar 25th 2019
npm is the world's largest software repository, with over 10 million users and over 26 billion software package downloads every month. Our systems are critical to software engineers all over the world and used in every industry. Your role will be to ensure the quality and performance of these systems; from the public registry, which serves packages to open source engineers and small organizations, to our new enterprise solution, which provides single tenant registries for medium and large customers.
What You'll Do
Your role will be to join a new team and help adopt process, practices, and tooling to:
- Translate acceptance criteria from Product into manual and automated tests
- Improve the quality of our releases through appropriate testing practices
- Work with team members to increase confidence in quality and performance
- Communicate your work through meetings and tasks to effectively work towards established goals
- Think outside the box to find ways to expose vulnerabilities and weaknesses in our applications
- Participate in team discussions about strategy and tasks
- Work in a cross-functional space that may require to change focus frequently
- Focus on both small and large projects, sometimes simultaneously
- Continue to push for improvement and quality
Required skills and experience:
- HP ALM or Selenium
- Writing test plans and test cases
- Translating requirements or acceptance criteria into test cases
- Proficiency with written English
- SQL/Data validation/writing complex queries
- Project Management experience
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Success working in large environments and start up teams
- Team lead experience
- Prior scripting or development experience
- Security testing
- Bash scripting UNIX/LINUX command line experience
- API Testing knowledge
- Automation framework knowledge
- Knowledge of npm package management and how to use it
- Experience working on remote teams
- Relevant certifications
If these are elements you are excited about and are interested in helping npm build a team, please send your resume and cover letter with specific reasons why you think you would be a great fit.
Our Code of Conduct
Why You Should Join
In joining the npm team, you'll become an important part of a small but dedicated engineering team. We strive to provide a sensible working environment that doesn't ask for or encourage habitual overtime and we offer flexibility in schedule. We have a progressive parental leave policy and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated and enforced. We also understand that healthy schedules lead to better outcomes. To help ensure this balance we have contracted support night coverage so we don't interrupt anyone's sleep.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
Where We Can Hire
Our headquarters are in Oakland, California. We can best support you if you can overlap with US time zones. We currently have team members across the US time zones and in the UK, Canada, and Mexico. We cannot currently sponsor new work visas, but we can transfer existing H-1Bs.