Software Engineer - Progress - REMOTE
Quicken Loans via Stack Overflow
Oct 1st 2018
Who We Are
We're America's largest mortgage lender, closing loans in all 50 states. J.D Power ranked Quicken Loans “Highest in Customer Satisfaction in Primary Mortgage Origination” for the past eight consecutive years, 2010 – 2017. The company was also ranked highest in the nation for client satisfaction among mortgage servicers by J.D. Power for four consecutive years, 2014 through 2017, each year the company was eligible. There's a simple reason we've been so successful: We care about the people we work with.
If you're tired of stuffy, bureaucratic workplaces, then you'll be delighted to find something different here. We strive to make a creative, fun and collaborative environment you simply won't find anywhere else. Quicken Loans was named #1 in ESSENCE Magazine's first ever list of “Best Places to Work for African Americans” in 2015. We've been on Computerworld's "Best Places to Work in IT" list for 13 years running, hitting #1 the last five years. We were also ranked #14 in FORTUNE Magazine's list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" in 2018, remaining in the top-30 for the past 15 years.
What You'll Do/Need
A Progress Engineer works on a project-by-project basis alongside various representatives from Marketing, Banking, Capital Markets, Client Relations, Operations and Legal Compliance. The person in this role acts as a technical lead and implements business logic in support of our Quicken Loans mortgage origination application. The software created by the Software Engineer will integrate with other software created by Business Services Developers and Engineers.
- Work with other Engineers, Developers, Progress DBAs, Architects, QA, System Engineers and product managers in solving new and existing technical issues
- Knowledge of requirements, implement designs and provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects
- Measure and verify that new and old code has acceptable performance and scalability
- Meet with business leaders in the early development of specifications and requirements
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Perform regular on-call duties
- Maintain ownership of assigned projects
- Follow and enhance existing development processes
- Consistently meet project deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in software development or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Two years of application development experience in Progress 4GL
- Five years of experience in general software development methods
- Four years of collaborative development experience
- Established work portfolio
- Extensive knowledge of unit testing
- Strong experience in all aspects of the software lifecycle
- Oral and written communication skills regardless of audience and superb attention to detail
- Willing to work with the Quicken Loans programming standards
What'll Make You Special
- HTML experience
- Related experience in software testing and design
- Team-oriented experience
What You'll Get
- Excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) match, medical/dental/vision, and much more
- Opportunities to participate in professional and personal development programs, including personal empowerment coaching, leadership training and ongoing personal growth training
- Other incentives, contests and rewards, including trips, event tickets, cash prizes and more
Why We're Different
Corporate politics not your strong suit? The anti-corporate culture of Quicken Loans gives our team members the initiative to build solutions together and grow both personally and professionally. At Quicken Loans, we're in the business of putting roofs over our clients' heads, but we certainly aren't putting ceilings on our team members' careers. If you're interested in working in a place with a philosophy that's truly different, apply today.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.