Software Engineer - Localization
CNC Software, Inc via Stack Overflow
Mar 3rd 2019
CNC Software is looking for a Software Engineer to join our localization team. This team is responsible for setting and enforcing localization best practices, along with creating, testing, analyzing, and documenting localized versions of our products.
As a member of our localization team, you'll work to ensure that our products are localizable and to streamline and automate the tools and processes we use to localize our products. You'll be responsible for addressing localization issues across a diverse range of product areas and technologies.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a strong understanding of software engineering best practices, including design patterns and the SOLID and DRY principles. You will be very familiar with the tools and techniques used to localize Windows desktop software. You will need to be comfortable diving into a large, legacy codebase and making changes to streamline and improve the localizability of the product. You'll have a strong sense on how to automate manual processes and have a proven ability to connect disparate sources of data to create a whole picture.
Who you are
- You have 1-3 years of experience building commercial software in either C# or C++
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented development
- You have previous experience with the tools and techniques used to localize Windows desktop software
- You have an understanding of Unicode and how it is encoded in software products
- You have a proven track record of automating manual processes
- You are comfortable with automated testing frameworks
- You are familiar with standard software development practices such as source control, peer reviews, and unit testing
- You can clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical coworkers
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
It's a plus if
- You've worked in an agile (Scrum, Kanban) software development environment before
- You have proficiency in more than one spoken language
- You are fluent in Spanish
- You have previous experience with localization software such as Passolo, Catalyst, or Visual Localize
- You have experience in CAD/CAM and/or the manufacturing industry
CNC Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.