Software Engineer: IoT Platform Development
OR Technologies via Stack Overflow
Aug 7th 2018
OR Technologies has developed a world leading lighting control solution, which utilises distributed intelligence to achieve unprecedented energy savings at a fraction of the installation cost of traditional systems.
However, this is only the beginning: Vast amounts of data are collected from our array of sensors and stored in our web platform, the Portal. The Portal enables detailed analysis of occupancy, energy efficiency and other building metrics, which are key insights for creating a smarter, more energy efficient working environment. We are looking for a candidate to work on the ongoing development of the Portal, enabling new applications and ensuring that it retains its place as a world-class IoT product.
You will be joining a small-team, as a Full-stack Developer reporting to the Technical Director, and as such a demonstrable ability to be self-organised and self-motivated is a must. Furthermore the following technical skills are required:
- Three or more years of software development experience
- At least one year of backend web development experience
- A good understanding of and practical experience with Object-Oriented Programming
Some of the technologies that we use and that it would be advantageous to have experience with include Java, Scala, Spring, JPA, Apache Spark, AWS and Jenkins. Full stack development experience would be nice to have, but is not essential.
We offer competitive remuneration and an exciting working environment, but perhaps more significantly the chance to be at the forefront of the IoT revolution developing a product that can help significantly reduce the drain on our planet's scarce resources.
So if you aren't just looking for something to do from 9-5 but see yourself having a real impact, we'd love to hear from you!
- To be considered for this position you must have the legal right to work permanently in Australia.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a Codility Test which has a suggested completion time of 150 mins - candidates who complete the test will receive their results directly.
- Due to the typically large number of applications, ORT will only contact those applicants that are invited to attend a 1st interview which is of technical nature.