Software Engineer II
Allegro Development via Remote OK
Jul 8th 2018
SOFTWARE ENGINEER II - ANALYTICS – BERKELEY, CALIFORNIA
Allegro seeks an experienced Software Engineer II, to report directly to the Chief Scientist – Analytics, from a Berkeley base. The engineer will participate in the design, development, implementation and support of Allegro Analytics, optimization, risk management and analytics tools for power and gas utilities, refiners, producers, commodity traders, retailers and consumers utilizing C/C++, C#, XML, Matlab, MS SQL Server and Oracle.
We are seeking engineers who enjoy solving complex problems with a passion for coding. Candidates with a background in commercial software or software products involving complex, high-volume transactions like banking, commodities, or oil & gas would be an excellent match.
- Responsible for the development and support of Allegro Analytics - optimization, risk management and analytics tools.
- Adherence to object-oriented design and database development best practices.
- Develop and/or maintain unit tests.
- Adherence to Allegro SDLC methodologies.
- Triage and resolve defects.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Help mentor other developers.
- Collaborate with product managers on requirements.
- Collaborate with development leaders on technical design.
- Keep current on technology and commodity industry trends.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or similar field.
- 5+ years of software development experience in a structured coding environment is required.
- Experience with .Net Window Forms applications.
- Minimum 2 years in a development lead or technical leadership role.
- Deep C/C++, C# or Java development experience.
- Experience with performance oriented development, performance testing, analysis and code tuning.
- Experience writing SQL queries for SQL Server.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic, and Matlab.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.