Software Engineer - Hybrid Cloud Industrial IoT in Clean Energy
CleanSpark Inc via Stack Overflow
San Diego, CA
Jan 5th 2019
CleanSpark is looking for two (2) back-end software engineers to play a key role in our growing team. In this role, you will be instrumental in the development and testing of a hybrid cloud platform comprising microservices and processes that, combined, monitor and control electric microgrids and renewable resources both from the cloud and down at the site. You will play an integral part in enabling a quality- and transparency-driven development culture and the advancement of microgrid technology.
- Develop highly technical features to run in both the cloud using Azure Service Fabric and on site, handing hundreds of data points per site and hundreds of thousands per day in the cloud
- Implement unit and integration level to ensure code quality
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge-sharing activities
- Technical support of products including direct customer support and escalated issues
- Requirements and implementation documentation
- Collaboration with business and technical stakeholders to ensure proper understanding and implementation of requirements
Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years professional experience as a software engineer with .NET development as second-nature
- Comfort with complex software concepts such as: SOA and SOLID principles, cloud design patterns, and various database structures (relational, document, and graph)
- Hands-on expertise with automated unit and integration testing
- Strong communication skills in a distributed environment, both written and verbal, as well as an independent work ethic
- Experience with building, troubleshooting, and running distributed, service based systems
- Bonus points for:
- hands-on experience with developing for the cloud: Azure (preferred) or AWS
- experience writing complex test harnesses or building and running stress, performance, load, or chaos testing
- a science or math background
- hands-on DevOps-type work: building release pipelines, deployment templates, PowerShell scripting, etc.
- experience working remotely on a distributed team
- a sparkling personality and positive attitude!
To be considered, you MUST respond to this ad with answers to the following questions:
NOTE: we will only accept candidates from the United States and Canada. We will be in contact with you within 2 business days if we are interested in moving forward.