Harris via Remote OK
Sep 23rd 2018
System Innovators, a division of Harris, is looking for C#.NET/SQL developers! We'll be extending & improving existing WinForms & WebForms applications. We need people who write good, maintainable code and have strong SQL skills. There is extensive work integrating with 3rd party apps using SOAP & REST APIs. You'll have a chance to do high-level design for new integrations and coding throughout the applications.
Come join our team and put your skills to work in our shiny, new offices!
DetailsThe ideal person works well within a team, has experience in multiple development methodologies, and consistently meets delivery commitments.
What will be your impact?
- Actively assumes Ownership of project success by taking action and exhibiting leadership qualities
- Developing, maintaining, and testing commercial applications and enhancements
- Working with other technically skilled staff on a multi-disciplinary team
- Actively participating in continuous process and standards improvement by utilizing root cause analysis and change proposals
- Utilizes critical thinking to resolve difficult problems
- Able to lead a small, dedicated team on system architecture and high-level design
- Independent low-level design and coding of core product features and functionality
- Managing change control and product releases in conjunction with the QA team
- Integrating new methods of payment processing (mobile, web, kiosks, phone)
- Integrating third-party POS hardware using third-party APIs and drivers
- Maintaining product installers (InstallShield, WIX) across product versions
- Integrating credit card gateways and Check21 (ICL) bank files into core application
Experience and Skills Required:
- Track record of developing commercial enterprise applications in C# .NET
- Strong database design skills, preferably using SQL Server
- Experience in both high-level (system) and low-level software design
- Be able to independently design and code add-on features to existing code base
- Experience developing and maintaining publicly published APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and use of MS Office
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience using Microsoft's Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience with team code review applications such as Code Collaborator
- Development experience with .NET frameworks
- Strong web development skills using ASP.NET, CSS, SOAP, REST and AJAX
- Experience in POS or other hardware integration using third-party APIs
- Jacksonville, Florida office, or
- Remote Southeast United States, with the ability to travel to Jacksonville as needed
What do we offer?
- A competitive compensation package (base + incentives)
- A casual work environment
- Full range of employee benefits 401(k), Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, AD&D)
- Paid Vacation