Autodesk via Remote OK
Jun 5th 2018
Senior Software Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote/Home Office- United States
Job ID: 18WD26963
Do you thrive in an environment where you can work on engaging and challenging projects? Do you have a start-up mentality? Every year Autodesk hires talented engineers to join our global teams and benefit from unlimited access to our technology and industry mentors. If this sounds like you… let's talk.
We're growing our Desktop Virtualization Services team within the Digital Enterprise Services organization. This team provides personalized virtual desktops with high end graphic (GPU) capabilities within Autodesk in order to optimize the company's development, quality assurance, support and sales efforts. Our engineering culture will empower you to make effective decisions, work collaboratively and take accountability for engineering projects at the core of the company and the leading edge of the latest industry technology trends.
The team is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer and technologist to help guide and lead an existing DevOps team in their journey towards becoming a world-class engineering team.
- Help to ensure the engineering team successfully delivers on critical projects and initiatives
- Work on some of the most complex challenges in large scale computing by utilizing your skills in to automate manual enterprise infrastructure and operations tasks and optimize business processes that reduce workloads and create organizational efficiencies
- Create reusable automation libraries, patterns and APIs that can be shared across the enterprise on a unified platform
- Design, develop, re-factor, optimize, and enhance solutions that enable key business functions
- Work with open source tools, and implement proactive monitoring solutions
- Work with user experience designers and subject matter experts to design solutions with the end-user in mind
- Provide engineering support (when necessary) to our technical operations staff when they are building, deploying, configuring and supporting systems for customers
- Quickly understand how our infrastructure and applications operate, are structured, and how customers use them
- Participate with the engineering and operations teams to define plans for standardizing, scaling and enhancing our products and the services utilized to deploy/install/release those products
- Participate in interactions with customers as a technical expert for product subsystems
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software development
- Experience deciding when to use common software design and architectural patterns, including server-less design within public cloud (AWS)
- Hands-on experience with most of the following: Python, PowerShell, Micro-services and RESTful web services
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology, and has used SCRUM methodologies and ceremonies in a development environment
- Experience with various database technologies (NoSQL, SQL) and data interchange formats (XML, JSON)
- Experience with Citrix or other VDI application and desktop software orchestration layers.
- Ability to deals well with ambiguous or undefined problems ability to think abstractly and guide others
- Comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders of various levels and documenting solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, in diagrams and person
- Strong leadership acumen
- Experience with VMware, NVIDIA Grid, Citrix Cloud, Citrix products in general is a must
- Proficiency developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in mixed-environments including Windows, and occasionally Linux
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience