Senior Technical Product Manager
GitHub via Jobspresso
Anywhere in US
Sep 4th 2018
GitHub is looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to work with our Production Engineering team. You'll focus on collaborating with the engineering staff to define a direction and vision for a runtime platform that enables many of the teams at GitHub to run their applications and services. We believe that the best infrastructure services are those that provide a great experience for its customers regardless if they're internal or external to GitHub.
GitHub Engineering and Product Management organizations are highly distributed so you should embrace an environment of asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to build working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
Our team members span a variety of timezones, genders, races, cultures, disability statuses, sexual orientations, family responsibilities, experience levels, professional backgrounds, personality types, and more. You're expected to have strong written communication skills and to excel in working relationships with people different than you.
In this position, you will report to the Senior Director of Platform Product and will be paired with the Director and Engineering Managers from the Production Engineering team. You will also be part of a community dedicated to making a positive impact at work and at large.
- Design and deliver new features that improve product usage and make our customers, both internal and external to GitHub, happy.
- Create and prioritize a roadmap in collaboration with engineering, Platform leadership, and design.
- Identify opportunities and define product vision and strategy.
- Participate in customer calls and answer support tickets to understand the needs of customers.
- Work with marketing and sales to launch your team's work in the market
- Build a very tight and collaborative relationship with engineering.
- Build cross functional relationships to represent infrastructure needs and requirements
- Manage complex, cross-functional projects across multiple teams
- Coach, mentor and help set strategy for more junior PMs on the team.
- Intimately familiar with modern software development practices used to build and deploy web and mobile applications.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure including containers, service orchestration and artifact management
- Very strong analytical skills
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, define them, and deliver products.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages — you'll need to build a demo or proof of concept for various stakeholders.
- Comfort working with remote teams.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 28 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.