Senior Software Engineer
Hometime via We Work Remotely
Jun 8th 2018
Headquarters: Sydney, NSW
Hometime is leading the charge for the short-term rental management industry. We're leveraging technology to streamline an operationally intensive business. We're looking for awesome Engineers to help evolve our technology and enable us to grow at an even faster rate.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your work will have a direct impact on Hometime's business. You'll collaborate directly with both technical and business owners, to come to key decisions that ensures engineering initiatives are aligned with the business objectives. We expect you to be a well-rounded person where you're equally comfortable engaging the Engineering Team in technical discussions, while being able to articulate these topics to our non-technical teams.
Responsibilities you'll have from day one:
- Design and develop technical solutions to support Hometime's business operations.
- Work closely with Project Managers, Product Managers, and business stakeholders throughout the entire organization in gathering requirements, specifications, and use cases for designated projects.
- Lead projects and initiatives with different and competing timelines and requirements.
- Work with limited direction in a fluid environment while exceeding delivery expectations and service level.
- Ongoing maintenance of the existing and future platform.
- Perform peer code review, and contribute in constantly improving the development process.
- Foster a transparent and collaborative environment within the development team and throughout the entire organization.
The experiences and expertise we're looking for:
- 5+ years with Ruby on Rails building enterprise applications.
- Experience with using React with Rails.
- Node experience is a plus.
- Remote work experience.
Shout out if you have the following:
- Knowledge of Airbnb whether it be as a host, guest, or general industry knowledge.
- Previous experience developing for the real estate industry.
How we work:
We're based in Sydney with teams throughout Australia supporting our different markets. We also have great teammates located across the globe. We practice transparency and collaboration in our daily work with our co-founders leading the charge. We strive to build a culture that fully empowers our people to do their best work.
To apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org