Senior Software Engineer
Emerlyn Technology, LLC via Stack Overflow
Feb 26th 2019
As a Senior Java Engineer at Emerlyn Technology you will be part of a dynamic Agile team, aiming for team improvements every day. Developers with our company experience a high level of autonomy over our processes and approaches. Emerlyn believes in creating a work environment that maximizes individual balance between work and home, while promoting best efficiency and productivity for the company.
The right candidate will have experience working with old and new technologies to enhance our company and services. While self motivation and the ability to work independently are important, participation in team collaboration is a must. A willingness towards, and an emphasis on, remote communication is needed for success within our development team. Above all, a passion for the software industry and a desire to learn and strengthen your own abilities are the traits that we are looking to add to our team.
While maintenance and enhancement of current applications is part of what you will do here, responsibilities also include:
- Being part of an innovative and motivated team evaluating and integrating new technologies
- Maintaining an environment that encourages education, code quality, and team mentorship
- Performing analysis, design, development, and unit testing of complex software applications.
- Creating web solutions utilizing best practice technologies
- Working with other software engineers and management to develop new tools or enhance current systems for customer requirements, correct defects, and integration with other systems.
- Being an integral part of our agile team process, with daily stand up discussions, weekly sprint planning, retrospective processes, quarterly planning, and customer discussions.
Tools & Technologies
- Minimum of 8 years software design and development experience.
- Expertise in:
- Java/JEE, Spring Framework, Struts and Hibernate
- Object-oriented design
- SQL database development
- Experience with:
- Developing and supporting a large Java web-based and OO application architecture with emphasis on Java Servlets and Java Server Pages.
- Interest in (tools we are starting to use):
Nice to have
- A working knowledge of the healthcare and/or pharmacy industry.
- Familiarity of purchasing and inventory management systems.
- Familiarity with B2B data transactions using EDI.
What we offer
Benefits- Medical insurance for self and family, 401K with employer contribution after 1 year, profit sharing, 11 paid holidays, vacation based on years with company
Great work environment- Whether working remotely or in our corporate office, we offer a fun, relaxed environment with flexible hours. Choose your own machine and OS.
Education support- Time allotted for research and education related to job
Extras- Twice a year company events