Senior Software Engineer
CrowdStrike via Jobspresso
Anywhere in US
Oct 12th 2018
We're building the next-generation infrastructure and security platform for CrowdStrike which include an application and service delivery platform, massively scalable distributed data storage and replication systems, and a cutting-edge search and distributed graph system. Help us scale CrowdStrike's infrastructure and products to handle massive growth in traffic and data as we continue to experience dramatic growth in the usage of our products.
- Lead backend engineering efforts from rapid prototypes to large-scale applications across CrowdStrike products.
- Leverage and build cloud based systems to detect targeted attacks and automate cyber threat intelligence production at a global scale.
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams.
- Obsess about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team.
- Be mentored and mentor other developers on web, backend and data storage technologies and our system.
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance and stability.
- Be an energetic ‘self-starter' with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables.
- Use and give back to the open source community.
- AWS Cloud
- Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience in data structures/algorithms/distributed systems).
- The ability to scale backend systems – sharding, partitioning, scaling horizontally are second nature to you.
- The desire to ship code and the love of seeing your bits run in production.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges.
- Deep understand multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies.
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible.
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- The skills to meet your commitments on time and produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
Bonus points awarded for…
- Authored and lead successful open source libraries and projects.
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
- Existing exposure to Go, Scala, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch…
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields
Bring your experience in distributed technologies and algorithms, your great API and systems design sensibilities, and your passion for writing code that performs at extreme scale. You will help build a platform that scales to millions of events per second and Terabytes of data per day. If you want a job that makes a difference in the world and operates at high scale, you've come to the right place.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.