Senior Software Engineer, Core Platform & App (React-Node-Express) | Sydney, Aus
oppizi via Stack Overflow
Surry Hills, Australia
Sep 14th 2018
We are about to release our product and we are on the hunt for a full-stack developer to takeover the work done so far on the app, the portal and the API. The idea is to implement a few missing features and make sure the technology is ready for the official launch date. You will work in pair with our current senior full-stack developer.
It is a 1 month-contract with possibility of employment at the end if you're a crack.
- Maintain and improve applications, a backend and an Express API as well as a Mobile App (iOS and Android)
- Plan the tech for new features, systems and integrations, and make it happen.
- Apply pragmatism and best practices in software engineering, delivering projects on time, on budget, and with excellent quality.
- Reduce the potential for human error by improving automation capabilities.
- Take ownership of the tech, finding ways to improve their effectiveness, reliability or cost.
- Redux experience needed for store management
- Experience and pragmatism in testing
- Practical experience in PostgreSQL and query optimisation, and general usage of a DBMS
- Comfortable in a Command Line Interface
- Practical experience with a cloud provider, i.e. AWS/GCP
- Ability to efficiently learn new tools and languages
- Excellent communication skills, especially in explaining technical or complex concepts
- Desirable experience in the following areas: automation; Docker; big data (i.e. Spark) or data science; project conception and delivery