Senior Software Developer
ManageAmerica Integrated Billing Services via Stack Overflow
Jul 26th 2018
Position Summary: The Senior Software Developer is responsible for providing oversight for multiple projects in a .NET/C#/SQL environment. You will ensure projects meet internal/client expectations and assist with collaboration between both employees and contracted resources.
The Senior Software Developer is an active member of the development team that designs, develops and maintains multiple web and mobile applications. An ability to quickly learn and become proficient with existing applications is essential for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Quickly learn and build proficiency in existing web applications.
- Provide oversight and mentor a team of contracted resources.
- Actively design, develop, document, test, maintain and update software.
- Perform and improve regular code reviews.
- Assist in defining and implementing code quality and SDLC guidelines.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Planning & Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Use of Technology - Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, agencies or members of the business community. Write speeches and articles for publication.
Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Expertise in server-side development with C# and SQL (5+ years recommended)
- Experience with Mobile development using Cordova or Ionic preferred.
- Expertise in Web API and/or WCF
- Hands-on experience under SDLC with cross functional teams
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is 100% work from home with possible travel for company meetings once or twice a year.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.