Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Auth0 via Stack Overflow
May 31st 2018
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice of developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
The Auth0 platform processes thousands of requests per second (1.5 billion logins per month) for customers all around the world - and we're growing very fast! The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team is a new initiative aimed at improving reliability and uptime in a data-driven way to support our customers' needs.
We are looking for software engineers with good understanding of how systems fail and a desire to learn about infrastructure.
You are a good fit if you...
- Have initiative and can "unblock" yourself to get things done.
- Tend to deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- Can mentor junior people and pair with other teams: education is a very important part of this role.
- Like to get your hands dirty by debugging and fixing issues in production.
- Understand the real problems by reading between the lines and asking good questions.
- Are easy to work with: you communicate well, take feedback in a positive way and are OK not always doing the most glamorous tasks.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Be on-call for services that the SRE team on-boards.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- You are interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- You have a great ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- You have designed applications and systems that scale, are resilient to failure, and are observable
- Timezone: we are giving preference to candidates closer to US west coast, Europe, Australia, etc (timezones that are away from EST).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Node.js, Golang, Python or any other application development language
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience working in a remote-first , async environment
Auth0 values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.