Senior Program Manager
Amazon via Jobspresso
Anywhere in US
Feb 17th 2019
At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we're constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver their orders. The goal of Amazon is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services.
Amazon is seeking an exceptional Senior Product Manager of who will lead the of all the new and used Amazon branded vehicles program that supports entrepreneurs who are starting their own businesses as Amazon Delivery Service Partners.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end vehicles delivery experience including all the hiring and dispatching of all transport, DSP experience, and internal stakeholder management . This leader will have stellar business acumen, be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams, have a passion for developing and implementing processes in an ambiguous problem space, and be willing to roll up their sleeves to build a program that will significantly impact Amazon's last mile delivery capabilities in NA. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. The leader will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Some of the key job functions of the Senior Program Manager are:
- Leads, directs, and controls the execution of all business, fiscal and administrative functions of the assigned
- Is capable of taking accountability and driving planning, resolution and execution
- Comfortable in different roles, sometimes supporting, sometimes leading and has the ability to “roll up their sleeves” to drive initiatives to completion
- Monitors and reports on the progress of all activity within the area including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect program cost or schedule
- Takes accountability while providing status, asking for help and immediately escalating issues and problems as necessary
- Implements standard work across teams to drive efficient and high quality execution and delivery
- Communicates across various parties to ensure alignment of goals and tasks to ensure the overall success of the program
- Works within various time constraints to meet critical business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of program, project or vendor management experience with excellent program and project management skills, including work prioritization, planning, and stakeholder management
- Experience leading new or start-up related projects where processes will need to be defined, implemented and iterated
- Proficiency with tools/systems to analyze data including Excel, Access, SQL or other data management systems
- Experience working with distributed teams
- MBA or Master's Degree in a related field
- Operations Management/Fleet Management/Fulfillment Center experience
- Experience with and/or logistics
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to analyze quantitatively and problem-solve efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented work environment. You create order, without stifling progress and adaptation.