Adstream via Stack Overflow
Jul 4th 2018
Adstream provides a Connectivity Suite for the ad industry, combining collaboration tools, digital asset management, a global distribution network and powerful analytics to provide smarter, more collaborative advertising workflows bringing the marketing and production processes together from idea to delivery for greater visibility, productivity, insight and performance.
Brands, agencies, production and post-production teams use Adstream to create great content together, manage their assets and leverage its world-class network of over 79,000 media destinations in 141 countries, to share their message with the world.
Today over 100,000 businesses use Adstream to reach billions of customers globally. We're a fast-moving team of passionate subject-matter experts located across 37 offices, speaking 45 languages, and on a mission to connect the world's media
About Adstream Technology
Adstream operates a mid-sized software development team based in London. The team are responsible for the development of a Digital Asset Management system (the Adstream Platform) and supporting products to its clients primarily for use in the Marketing and Advertising industry; from internationally recognised Brands to Creative and Media Agencies and Post production Houses. Clients are using the AP to project manage, organise, share, approve and store creative materials across all media types.
The Adstream platform, Send+, XMG and the Print Suite are critical to the future of Adstream and are fundamental to providing a cross-media management and delivery platform. A key selling feature is the flexibility and customisation capability of the platform which means it can be implemented to meet dramatically varying client requirements and workflows.
In order to support the ongoing and intense development expectations of the Adstream solutions, there is a team of approx. 70 people working as software developers, quality assurance engineers and other supporting roles.
- Working knowledge of Typescript.
- Good OO bases.
- Strong knowledge of functional programming principles in software development.
- Ability to design and build optimised, scalable and reliable web applications
- Excellent knowledge of HTTP REST Protocols with JSON (WS-* knowledge a plus).
- Code debugging with Node and the browser.
- Ability to profile CPU and analyse stack traces to find issues and debug applications.
- Actively participate in Meetups, Forums and Events to learn about the latest teach and work with Chief Architect to keep the SW up to date and relevant.
- Learn and encourage others to learn about the latest tech and new ways of doing and approaching problems.
- Look for opportunities to use or create standards and frameworks to improve the overall quality of developed software.
- Pragmatic and systematic when developing a new system.
- An experienced developer with a mature approach who is passionate about technology and wants to help others learn and grow whilst continuing to progress personally.
- Drive high standards of quality through code review and setting a strong example in unit testing.
- Willingness to work with Business Stakeholders and Product owner to understand a business problem and find answers.
- Should believe in a team centric approach and proactively look for ways to build and strengthen the team.
- Ability to develop and own application features, individual tasks in order to meet milestones and deadlines
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical people to explain new features or issues that may occur.
- Strive towards Continuous delivery approach
- Initiative to drive change in development practices across the department through teamwork, code reviews, etc.
- An excellent communicator with good written and oral communication and the ability to rationally debate the pros and cons of various solution options
- Confident to put forward own opinions and ideas in senior forums
- Ability to build credible good relationships with managers, team members and internal and external stakeholders
- A “real” developer interested in new tech, runs with it, and identifies benefits applicable to the projects they are working on
- A desire to expand your technology horizon by learning new frameworks and languages (Node.js, Scala, Java, etc.)
- Interest in open source solutions, and willing to contribute back to community
- Sociable, willing to get involved and help others
- Good knowledge of Typescript.
- Proven capabilities in developing services or any sort of backend code with NodeJS.
- Good knowledge of AWS and it's various tools.
- Good knowledge of queuing systems (like AMQ, Kafka, etc)
- Writes good clean code and has capable of providing confidence in their work (with unit tests, TDD, etc).
- SQL & No-SQL Databases (MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, MySQL)