Senior Network Engineer (VDI/VMware)
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® via Stack Overflow
Jun 13th 2018
Are you a Systems Support Engineer with a passion for the Cloud base Solutions? The Gladiator Network Service team is looking for a System Engineer to join our hosted solutions group as a team lead. Gladiator is known for providing all of its Jack Henry branded clients with top tier network, system and cloud technologies as well as an excellent customer experience. We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated and love to work closely with our clients and develop strong relationships with their team members. This position is going to be filled out of Springfield, MO and or Remote and would have up to 5% travel to attend additional training and or a conference.
We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated and love to work closely with our clients and develop strong relationships with their team members. You will work with a team of 10 Engineers that bring various levels of expertise. You will need to be able to provide technical mentorship to ensure team collaboration and the ability to enhance over all team technical aptitude. The technical environment you will support is Windows Server based: utilize VMware / Cloud Solutions / Network Storage and Backup Solutions. Additional experience in providing technical troubleshooting supporting on MS Exchange and or Office 365 is highly preferred. You will provide technical troubleshooting support to all external Jack Henry customers remotely; utilizing VPN and or Cloud based technologies. You must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as you will provide solutions to our customers via email and or phone. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before June 20, 2018.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience within a systems administrator or systems engineering role.
- Must have experience managing and supporting VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
- Must have experience working in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or higher environment.
- Must have experience in network or cloud engineering.
- Must have experience operating within a VMware environment.
- Must have experience managing NAS / SAN storage environments.
- Must have experience as a team lead.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience working with Cloud based solutions is preferred.
- Experience in configuration, implementation and support with any of the following that are listed: End User Computing Technologies that include Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), VMware Horizon View or Citrix XenDesktop or any other Remote Presentation technologies
- Backup products such as: AppAssure & Rapid Recovery – is preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange & or Office 365 environments is preferred.
- Applicable technical certification(s) preferred (MCSE, MCITP, VMWARE VCP
- Dell EqualLogic SAN experience is preferred.
- Dell Server experience is preferred.
- iSCSI storage network experience is preferred
- Operations experience within a Manage Service Support Product model is preferred.
- Preferred experience within JHA banking software & support.
- Experience in configuration, implementation and support with ESX/ESXi host servers is preferred.
- Provide support all server operating system on new or existing devices.
- Provide technical support for virtual environments; storage and back solutions.
- Provides phone support to employees or customers relative to server/ system technology.
- Provide support to the following solutions: SAN storage, DR sites, Windows Servers, Virtual Environments such as: VWware & RDS.
- Perform troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Assists and mentors less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.