Elastic via Stack Overflow
Oct 28th 2018
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Kibana is the Window into the Elastic Stack
Kibana lets users visualize their Elasticsearch data and navigate the Elastic Stack, so they can do anything from learning why they're getting paged at 2:00 a.m. to understanding the impact rain might have on their quarterly numbers. Kibana gives users the freedom to select the way they give shape to their data. And they don't always have to know what they're looking for. With its interactive visualizations, users start with one question and see where it leads them. Kibana core ships with the classics: histograms, line graphs, pie charts, sunbursts, and more. They demonstrate the full aggregation capabilities of Elasticsearch.
About the Role
This is a hands-on role. You will work closely with other Operation team members on many key projects and initiatives partnering closely across all Elastic teams. You will be participated in defining the roadmap of Operation team, delivering high quality of work, managing the technical debt, and providing support for the community
What you'll work on
- Develop and maintain runtime configuration support
- Provide enhancements to our Continuous Integration pipeline
- Improve our builds running on supported operating systems
- Advocate for the overall developer experience
- Work collaboratively with other development teams including platform, security, quality engineering, infrastructure, and documentation team
- Provide technical feedback to engineers through code reviews and design reviews
Skills & Requirements
- Deep knowledge of Node.js
- 7+ years of experience developing scalable, high performing services and applications
- Understanding of at least one modern JS Framework such as Angular.js and React.js
- Experience with the release process: Source code control, package installers, build scripts, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with Docker or similar virtualization environments using libvert, LXC, or NSPAWN.
- Familiar with various build tools such as webpack and Grunt
- Experience managing Continuous Integration platforms. Jenkins experience is a plus.
- Deep understanding of design, implement, and consume REST APIs
- Able to work independently and deliver projects involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you're working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. At Elastic, we effectively don't have a hierarchy to speak of. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on truly anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.
Targeted Locations: Boston, New York, Atlanta
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.