Senior Java Full Stack Architect
BrightSpark Software via Stack Overflow
Jun 6th 2018
Who are we?
BrightSpark Software is a new development company helping build out software solutions for several new startup companies. From cannabis software to high-tech healthcare we will be building cutting edge solutions in exciting fields. We are looking to build out our development team to expand upon existing software and work on new solutions that will be used across multiple industries. Does this pique your interest?
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Java expert. Someone that has developed large, enterprise level applications with robust APIs. As a startup, we are looking for leaders, people that can take a task and run with it. You should be a problem-solver, good at thinking outside the box, and helping solve unique problems from multiple angles. But, most importantly, we need a team leader that can manage and collaborate with others. You will be the lead of a new development team that will have to work closely together, and with teams across the company, to bring our ideas to life.
- Lead a team of developers to develop a world class product
- Own feature implementations and upgrades end-to-end
- Coordinate across teams to create libraries and code generators to be used throughout all projects
- Be accountable for implementing best practices and processes
- Interface with the community to collect and implement feedback across products
- Team management experience
- Java Developer with Spring (5+ years experience) and Spring Boot a plus
- Ability to architect large applications
- Able to build out APIs from scratch
- Ability to work through all phases of development (architecting, implementation, QA, and Production)
- Comfortable working with third-party libraries
- Willingness to learn new technologies and methods for desktop, mobile, and web development.
- Have experience with source control (Git)
- SQL and NoSQL database design and management including ability to write stored procedures and queries.
- Building and implementing code generators
- Implementing and maintaining SDKs
- Implementing and maintaining high-throughput APIs
- Experience with Groovy
- Created any apps with React or React Native
- Used Web Messaging over WebSockets (JMS over WebSockets, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Implemented containerized solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Implemented and managed the build lifecycle through CI/CD (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience working on Agile Scrum teams
- Experience with early-stage startups