Senior Java Agent Engineer - APM Team
Elastic via Stack Overflow
May 30th 2018
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Innovation at Elastic never stops and we are excited to have recently been joined by the amazing team from Opbeat who are currently working hard to fully integrate their Application Performance Monitoring solution into the Elastic Stack. Welcome Elastic APM! We are currently making major changes to the product as we integrate it with the Elastic Stack, and we are now looking for a talented Java engineer to join the team as soon as possible.
As our first Java Agent Engineer on the APM team, you will be owning the exciting efforts of adding Java support to APM. Your primary task will be to develop our open source Java agent, take ownership for the feature roadmap, ensuring that the resource footprint is minimal. You will also be engaging with the open source community.
You will also collaborate closely with the APM Server team when adding new features to the server API and with the UI team to ensure that we deliver the best possible experience for Java developers.
You will become part of a team developing a high quality APM product aimed to help fellow developers successfully and expertly instrument, debug, and monitor their applications.
What you will be doing
- Work on a completely new and exciting Elastic project
- Develop and be responsible for the Java agent for Elastic APM
- The agent is open-source, so the job includes handling community pull requests, issues, etc
- Collaborate with your fellow Engineers on APM Server and UI teams
What you will bring along
- 3+ years of professional and in-depth experience with Java, possessing broad knowledge of Java web frameworks
- Previous APM experience is considered a big asset
- Ability to work independently in a globally distributed team
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Option to work 100% remote or from any office
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.