Senior Front-End Web Developer (Remote OK)
Xometry via Stack Overflow
May 29th 2018
Are you an experienced web developer who is skilled and passionate about building great user interfaces and making fast, usable, and reliable websites? Are you excited about mentoring a growing development team? Come and join our team!
You will serve as a technical lead for our development team, responsible for the following areas:
- Assisting the team with development, maintenance, and testing of backend APIs written in Python.
- Working closely to connect Xometry designers and product team with the development team to improve the speed, reliability, and delight of our sites.
- Guiding and mentoring the Xometry development team, especially to improve our automated tests and error handling
You should be able to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- You should have at least four years of software development experience.
- You can demonstrate expertise building websites that work across desktop and mobile devices and various screen sizes.
- You have been a successful technical lead on a software development project.
- You can communicate your ideas both speaking and in writing.
- You can legally work from our office in Bethesda, Maryland
The following skills are not requirements, but are likely to make you an even better fit for Xometry:
- Experience with Google Analytics or other data analysis tools, and especially experience with rigorous A/B testing.
- Experience using React and Bootstrap.
- Experience crafting and testing REST APIs.
- Experience with error handling and logging.
- Experience with user research.
Remote workers and contractors welcome to apply.