Senior DevOps Engineer - Remote OK
Citrusbyte via Stack Overflow
Dec 25th 2018
Citrusbyte is a team of experts; craftspeople who build amazing products for some of the largest global household names. While we have offices in LA and New York, we work remotely with team members around the world. This is a Remote friendly role. However, candidates within the Western Hemisphere will be given priority for the sake of team time zone alignment.
As DevOps Engineer you have experience using Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools, deploying applications to cloud services such as AWS and Azure. You are open minded and always learning. We have a place for you.
You are smart, driven and talented. You want to collaborate in a consultative environment and , guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success in addition to contributing to the growth of a great company. Tell us more about you!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, creation and provisioning of infrastructure.
- Deploy and maintain applications.
- Collaborate with other engineers to implement operational solutions while defining, adhering to industry best practices.
- Work on remote distributed, cross functional agile teams to train and educate clients and stakeholders on industry best practices.
- Travel to and work on client site as necessary
- Strong experience with Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools.
- Proficient in Ruby and at least one other programming language.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ELK stack.
- Experience with Prometheus/Grafana for metrics aggregation/visualization.
- Configuration of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Experience using Kubernetes.
- Experience with automation tools/platforms.
- Experience with alerting and monitoring tools.
- Experience with Terraform is a plus.
- Experience working in a highly distributed company is a plus.
- Experience writing backend applications is not required but definitely a plus.
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum SDLC.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone - UTC -8
You are smart and talented. You like to get the work done! You want to collaborate in a consultative environment and guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success in addition to contributing to the growth of a great company. Tell us more about you!
Citrusbyte expects employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, will be made without regard to race, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, physical features, or any other protected status. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Citrusbyte is an equal opportunity employer.
No statements by Citrusbyte are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in a writing signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.