Senior DevOps Engineer
Discover via Stack Overflow
Jul 9th 2018
Discover a more rewarding way to work. At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth. Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity.
As a senior DevOps engineer on our core DevOps team. You will utilize your technical expertise and in experience in driving the design and automation of processes to support the continuous delivery of application and services across a large financial institution.
- Provide technical direction in designing and implementation of CI/CD processes in the form of pipeline for the delivery of software across the enterprise.
- Automate the deployment, scaling, and management of supporting CI/CD infrastructure.
- Define best practices for CI/CD across the full SDLC.
- Requires the ability to lead work groups formed by several disparate teams
- Support disparate customer in the CI/CD lifecycle
- Work closely with multiple teams in an agile environment and provide mentorship to other team members when needed
Skill and Experience:
- 5+ years of IT experience as a combination of development, release or build engineering and containerization experience in large enterprises.
- 3+ years DevOps Engineering experience
- Experience must go beyond use of the release processes but the actual design, development and implementation and definition of best practices for CI/CD processes.
- Strong knowledge of testing methodologies (Unit, System, SIT, UAT).
- Experience integrating these stages into a CD pipeline
- 2+ Years Continuous Integration experience with industry standard tooling.
- CI experience with the following is a must: Jenkins (Pipeline), GitHub, (Nexus or Artifactory)
- Spinnaker experience is a plus.
- Experience utilizing rest APIs to integrate CI, testing and deployments systems across the SDLC
- 2+ years experience with use and configuration of OS (RHEL Linux), windows & AIX are a plus.
- Very strong understanding of modern IT infrastructure components and their integrations
- (Linux, Windows, SAN, NAS, F5, DNS, Firewall, databases (Oracle, GemFire, DB2, MongoDB, NoSQL, SQL Server).
- Experience with CD processes that deploy to Cloud based platforms (PCF, AWS)
- 2+ years containerization and infrastructure experience with (Docker, CHEF, Kubernetes)
- Experience should include dynamically provision CI components.
- Build and packaging tools (Gradle , Apache ANT, Jenkins, Maven, RPM, Bower, NPM.)
- Software integration and application administration of complex computer systems including 3rd party software integration
- Any one Scripting languages (Groovy, BASH, Perl, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
****WE ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE VISA SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE FOR THIS ROLE*****
Since Discover launched in 1986, we've made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way that's different from other large institutions. If you are looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, wed love to meet you.
Apply today at discover.com/careers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.