Senior Data Scientist
Lynx Analytics via Stack Overflow
May 31st 2018
Job Title: Senior Data Scientist
About the company
Founded in 2010, Lynx Analytics is a predictive analytics company run by world-class quantitative marketing scientists and industry-experienced data scientists. Our focus is on solving big challenges primarily through the deployment of our proprietary big graph analytics platform, which is based on a powerful Hadoop and Apache Spark back-end.
We are headquartered in Singapore and we also have operations in Hong Kong, USA, Hungary, Indonesia, and in several other Southeast Asian countries. Our clients include some of Asia's largest telecommunication companies and banks, and we are currently expanding geographically and into other industry verticals. Our teams' qualifications are global, including Professors, PhDs, MSc's, and MBAs from Ivy League schools, INSEAD and NUS, as well as experience at other start-ups and blue-chip companies (Google, Palantir, SAP, Vodafone, Barclays, GE, Morgan Stanley, to name but a few). It is the combination of our industry insight and experience, scalable proprietary technology, and highly qualified people that makes up Lynx's compelling value proposition.
Lynx Analytics' technology is already deployed across the region at various clients and there is significant growth potential for the company, as well as numerous career opportunities as we scale up our operations.
Lynx is looking for experienced Data Scientists to work on and lead complex data analysis projects using standard modelling and data transformation approaches…
- Industry experience in data mining and/or data science.
- University degree in a technical field (Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science or Engineering)
- Strong probability theory and statistics knowledge
- Knowledge of some statistical tools
- Ability to write programs in some programming language (e.g. R/Python) - software engineer skills to design and implement complex software systems is NOT needed, but the candidate is expected to be able to write simple code to prototype and test analytical ideas
- Good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of RDBMS systems (Oracle / Teradata / MySQL etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some leadership experience
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in Big Data
- Knowledge/experience in graph theory
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on innovative, bleeding edge data science methodology using our state of the art, in-house big graph tool
- Work closely with the developers of the (big graph) tool you will be using
- Be a member of a very strong team with mathematicians, ex-Googlers, Ivy league professors, INSEAD alumni business people and telco industry experts
- Startup atmosphere
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for employees
- Opportunity to travel (South East Asia, US, Europe, ...)
- Flexible working hours, family-friendly workplace