Senior Cloud Backend Architect (f/m)
Silexica GmbH via Stack Overflow
Jun 1st 2018
Silexica is a fast-growing software company that helps manufacturers of embedded systems, such as driverless cars, to increase their device performance by effective utilization of the underlying multicore architecture. Our multi-cultural team includes some of the best compiler experts and embedded engineers in the world, complemented by experienced industry veterans and hungry business professionals. We have offices in the US, Europe and Asia and work with market leading clients in the automotive, wireless and other rapidly transforming industries. We are incredibly passionate about revolutionizing embedded parallel programming and you can become an important part of our success story!
We are currently looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Cloud Backend Architect (f/m) to design our enterprise cloud platform from scratch. You will take full ownership of all technical aspects of our cloud infrastructure by using your excellent knowledge of containerization, microservice architecture and cloud platforms! In this position you can work remotely i.e. you can be located anywhere in the world or it can be located in one of our offices in Silicon Valley / US, Cologne / Germany or Yokohama / Japan.
- You develop, build and run our high-performance and robust enterprise cloud backend using modern technologies and frameworks
- You repackage our professional software development tool into a user friendly and highly scalable cloud platform based on microservices
- You drive architecture decisions with your expertise in containerization, microservice architecture and cloud platforms
- You break down complex tasks into small and independent components
- You will collaborate closely with our front-end development team and stakeholders like product management and executive team
- You'll collaborate, influence and drive for improvement across scrum teams
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
This is up for you
- Opportunity to build an enterprise cloud backend from scratch using modern technologies and frameworks
- Take on a key role within our international an entrepreneurial working environment
- Competitive salary and an awesome work environment with outstanding team events
Are you ready for the next challenge? Grow with us and shape the future of Silexica! To apply please upload your CV, your motivation for this position and outline your availability via our recruiting system.
For more information about SILEXICA please visit https://www.silexica.com/careers/
Skills & Requirements
- You have several years' experience in running a 24x7 cloud application
- You have excellent knowledge of containerization, microservice architecture and cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift)
- You are an expert in kubernetes and docker and have a strong understanding of databases and cloud storage
- You deeply understand what a twelve-factor app is and why it is desirable
- You have experience with designing and implementing permission and user management systems like Keycloak
- It is considered a plus if you have a knowledge of non-relational databases (NoSQL) and continuous delivery using blue / green deployments
- You have successfully completed a degree in computer science or a similar field
- You have very good English knowledge in reading and writing
- You have strong communication skills and you are a result-oriented team player
- You have the ability to break down complex tasks in small and independent components and have fun in taking the ownership for your area of responsibility.