Security Systems Engineer - Corporate Device Security
Redox via Stack Overflow
Nov 13th 2018
Redox Security Engineers solve the most challenging technical security problems holding back healthcare technology. At Redox, security comes first as patients depend on our systems to be secure, available and reliable. The Security team partners with every team in our business to make that happen.
As a cloud-centric, remote first company we're looking for a person who will take on securing our highly distributed workforce and make it more secure than the traditional "corporate network." You will be responsible for technical leadership and the hands on building, operating and maintaining of Corporate Operations Security.
The scope of this program includes securing the devices, networks and software we use everyday to build and operate Redox. You'll also build monitoring and alerting systems for the Security team to identify and tackle threats and issues in real-time.
Security Engineer (Corporate Operations) is a new, yet critical role at Redox. To be successful in this role you will need to have a vision for what this program should look like and design capabilities which scale as the team and company grows. You can be based anywhere in the US. (See “Work Anywhere” below)
- Be an active voice in our small, focused security team as the primary engineer responsible for Corporate Operations Security.
- Define the secure baseline and secure configuration required for devices and networks at Redox.
- Approach securing our company pragmatically, emphasizing with your end-users to understand their needs.
- Be responsible for the security management program of all corporate devices. (Asset Management, MDM, Secure Configuration, Monitoring)
- Take the complex problems you're working on each day and make them simple when explaining them to your stakeholders.
- Build scalable systems which enforce and monitor device compliance with the secure baseline, rectify issues automatically and alert on problematic systems.
- Support and build valuable training activities which uplift employee awareness and responses to security threats.
- Monitor, report and seek to address security vulnerabilities in corporate devices or networks.
- Maximize security impact and reduce risk while minimizing negative impact on our businesses velocity.
- Build automated monitoring and alerting which identifies anomalous events.
- Lead security incident response through engaging relevant engineers and management to provide support and guidance.
- Mentor and guide engineering teams on best practices and preparation for potential compromises (logging etc)
- Build scalable alerting and monitoring systems using vendor solutions, open source and/or homegrown systems to detect breaches.
- Knowledge of current threats and risks, how to detect them, build controls to stop them and training to create awareness of them.
- Ability to distill complex security threats and risks into simple terms for non-security (and even non-technical) stakeholders.
- Familiarity with MacOS operating system internals, knowledge and ideas of how to manage and secure these devices at scale.
- Development experience sufficient to automate repetitive tasks and scale your impact.
- Experience with log aggregation and monitoring tooling.
- [Bonus Points] Experience with Jamfsoft (Casper Suite)
- [Bonus Points] Experience with Vulnerability Management Tooling
We provide benefits that allow you to live life by your own design. Redox employees enjoy unmatched autonomy in their work and the support to live a balanced life. We trust you know what you need to be happy, at work and at home.
- Tackle Challenging Problems Everyday. There is no roadmap for what we are building, so you'll have the backing and support of talented engineers and security practitioners to make sure you have what you need to be successful.
- Work Anywhere. (Within the US) We want to have the best people at Redox - no matter where you call home. All Redox employees are encouraged to live and work wherever they're happiest. All you need is power, wifi, and a computer and you're good to go. We also run a number of co-located working spaces across many US cities if you prefer an office environment.
- Flexible Time Off. Take a trip somewhere fun, stay home to recover from being sick, or have a staycation to unplug and recharge. Our best work happens when we feel fresh and inspired. We leave it up to you to decide when you need to take breaks and encourage you to make time for adventure and discovery.
- Health & Dental from Day 1. Working in healthcare makes you understand all the challenges life can throw at you. Your health and dental coverage starts when you do to make sure you're always covered. We provide health and dental insurance for employees, spouses, domestic partners, and dependents, as well as life and disability insurance.
- Parental Leave. As your family grows, it's important that you're there and have time to figure out what your family's new norm is. You can take 12 weeks of paid time off within the first year of your new addition arriving. We know that they need you and we have your back.
- Productivity Fund. We want you to be able to set up a workspace that allows you to perform at your very best. All Redox employees receive an annual discretionary stipend so you can select what helps you be productive.
- 401k. We offer an optional, customizable and flexible 401k plan for you to plan for your financial future on your terms.