SDE Small Team Manager
Redox via Stack Overflow
Sep 11th 2018
Redox is an engineering-first company, building the future of healthcare information exchange. We are looking for an experienced Tech Lead with strong development skills to join our small and fast-paced team. In this position, you'll be creating the communication platform used by the entire healthcare software developer community. Specifically, you will help lead a small team of developers by working with them to set goals, holding the team accountable, providing updates to the larger engineering team, and bringing learnings from other small teams back to your team.
This role offers a great blend of hands on engineering along with team leadership and mentoring. Plus, we are a remote based company, so you can live anywhere in the US!
At Redox, we have a culture of trust, transparency and tireless personal growth.
Please Apply If You Are...
- Passionate about solving complex problems and doing good
- Enthusiastic about building high functioning, autonomous teams based on trust vs control
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn
- Excited about working in a constantly changing ecosystem
- More interested in team productivity than individual productivity
- A good listener who shows respect to your colleagues
- A believer in asking for forgiveness, not permission
- Comfortable with uncertainty and turning complex problems into actionable plans
- Defining technology goals for a small team of developers
- Holding the team accountable to those goals
- Working closely with the product owner to effectively plan projects for the team
- Providing updates to the larger engineering team
- Advocating for your team's needs with the larger engineering team
- Bringing learnings from other teams back to your team to implement
- Shipping elegant code - yep, you still get to do development
- Collaborate with and support your fellow team members
- Experience with a wide array of technologies
- Management or coaching experience, especially in a software engineering environment
- Previous tech lead experience, or senior level engineer
- Healthcare Experience/Interest
- Experience managing technical projects end-to-end
- Effective project management and communication skills
- Cloud computing in one of: AWS, GCP, Azure, Cloudstack, OpenStack, etc
It is not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of the areas outlined above. Please apply even if you are not sure you meet all these criteria. If you are interested in the role and think it could be a fit, we'd like to hear from you.
Please note, due to the data we deal with, currently we are only able to hire software engineers that live in the United States.
- Live anywhere. Work anywhere. We are a remote-first company. We care about your impact, not your location.
- Annual productivity stipend. We empower you to buy what you need to make yourself more productive, whether that's a standing desk, extra monitors, a new suit, or personal coaching.
- Open vacation policy. We believe that doing your best work means that you regularly take time off to recharge.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Life and disability insurance.