Cedar Falls, IA
Oct 5th 2018
As a Scala Engineer for the Banno Platform at Jack Henry, you'll get the chance to make a real, positive impact on people's lives. The Scala Engineer creates highly scalable APIs to normalize access to multiple banking systems for use in our mobile and online banking clients.
Scala engineers learn and push the boundaries of functional programming while developing and supporting production systems, utilizing tools like Scalaz, Cats, Shapeless, Http4s, Doobie, and more. Emphasizing DevOps and observability, you'll work on a team deploying and monitoring their own services. As we move toward a microservice architecture on Kubernetes, architectural knowledge across the entire ecosystem will be invaluable.
- At least 6 years of programming experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with Scala.
We Really Like to See
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with microservice architecture.
- Experience with Scala in a production environment.
- Experience with the Cats or Scalaz, Http4s, and Doobie libraries.