Remote Sr PHP / Laravel API Developer
Dealer Inspire via Stack Overflow
Jun 30th 2018
Senior PHP/Laravel Developer for FUEL
This position can be remote, but US based candidates only.
Looking for a unique work environment and culture to thrive in? Do you love the sense of accomplishment in launching a new website? Are you a motivated individual who works well independently as well as on a team? Then we want you!
About Dealer Inspire
Dealer Inspire is an automotive website platform provider located in Naperville, Illinois. We pride ourselves in having a fun, unconventional working environment and a great culture. While our team works extremely hard, we try to keep it a fun and creative work environment. At Dealer Inspire, we like to look at current problems and 'rethink' about solutions. We're flexible - we don't write requirements in stone, and things can change regularly. This means rethinking how the solutions work best. Do you want to come 'rethink' with us?
Dealer Inspire is looking for experienced developers to join our product development teams. We're always innovating - we're looking for people that can own projects and see them through to delivery - while we want rock stars, we're not interested in prima donnas. Personal responsibility with respect to quality, attention to detail, and contribution of ideas is highly needed to succeed.
FUEL is an application that creates engaging dynamic text ads for every vehicle in our customer's inventory. By using unique vehicle attributes from inventory feeds, ads are automatically generated with specific vehicle data and pushed out to various advertising platforms. Part of the platform analyzes ad spends and automatically adjust budgets across Google and Bing Ads to optimize budget allocation. Other parts of FUEL manage leads from Facebook and aggregate data across multiple sources for in-depth reporting. FUEL is migrating away from a MVC Kohana app to a Laravel-based API and React front-end; from legacy to brand-new code, this project has it all.
Skills & Requirements
We're flexible with learning on the job, with corresponding relevant work experience - but, for this position to be successful we need you to know the following, with a strong self-initiative to learn from others!
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assist with debugging / development of bug fixes - day-to-day maintenance
- Development of new features under the guidance of more senior team members.
- Function as “project owner” for some new or existing projects, managing initial requirements, feature requests, and long term support.
- 5+ years experience working with Object Oriented PHP and modern PHP frameworks
- 5+ years experience working with MySQL and writing SQL queries
- Experience designing REST APIs
- Basic Linux admin (ability to SSH, view logs, etc)
- Understanding of local development environments and integration of varying components.
- Strong understanding of build processes/automation
- Experience with job queues and background PHP processes
- Experience working with Google Adwords APIs and/or Facebook Marketing/Messenger APIs
- Experience with React/Redux
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with NodeJS
$80,000+ per year based upon skill and previous experience. Motivated and talented individuals may advance quickly in our fast growing company.
- Health and Dental Insurance Plans
- 50% match of your 401 k contributions up to 6% of your gross income
- 15 days paid time off, 4 days of sick/safe leave and selected paid holidays
- Work time/Fun time quarterly team outings
- Coaching and career building
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home