REMOTE Software Maintenance Engineer - Greater LA
ShareStream via Stack Overflow
Sep 14th 2018
ShareStream Education is a leader in online video and media management solutions for academic institutions. Our team is passionate about building a great product that is continually evolving, and providing a service that allows our customers to realize the vast potential of streaming media for education. ShareStream Education is deeply committed to achieving client success and building strong relationships with its clients, whom we regard as our partners.
Join us and help change the way online education takes place through streaming media!
About the position:
ShareStream is seeking a skilled, dedicated and detail-oriented Software Maintenance Engineer (SME) based in the Greater Los Angeles Area who excels at working in a fast-paced startup environment. The SME will work remotely and collaborate with ShareStream's Engineering and Customer Success teams. ShareStream is seeking candidates who can grow professionally with the Company and take on positions of greater seniority at ShareStream, either in Engineering or in Professional Services.
The Software Maintenance Engineer will:
- Investigate, document and resolve technical issues
- Develop software patches and new features under the supervision of a senior member of ShareStream's Engineering team
- Assist with software engineering on ShareStream's core applications.
- BS and/or MS degree in Computer Science or a related degree
- 2+ years experience in an IT role using Java in web applications
- Intermediate-level Java skills
- Intermediate-level UNIX/Linux skills
- Exceptional problem-solving, debugging and log-analysis skills
- Exceptional software-development habits (use of unit tests, code documentation, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working in a fast-moving startup environment is a strong plus.