Remote Software Engineer
Alliance Reservations Network via Stack Overflow
Sep 13th 2018
Agencies please do not apply, we are not interested.
If you aren't an American citizen living in the continental United States, DO NOT APPLY.
Are you ready to work from home with a flexible schedule with a team of similarly motivated self starters? Have direct responsibility to make an immediate difference? See your code in action in days, not months or years? Work on interesting problems across a wide range of technologies and platforms and perhaps introduce some of your own? Our 20 year old travel technology company with over a billion reservations to our credit needs an experienced travel industry software engineer/developer. Duties include developing, collaborating, and working closely with others on our web-based business software to meet the needs of our closely coordinated business unit, as directed by project management.
- Enhance and support existing large, mission-critical .NET applications that support core functions of the business as needed
- Assist in uncovering and implementing ways to improve the level of customer service, quality, and efficiency of the company
- Actively participate in architectural discussions
- Develop new features and make modifications to existing features
- Test and debug applications to ensure client needs are met
- Various other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- Strong demonstrable programming skills are essential
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Analyst/Developer
- Experience with agile development processes
- Linux skills are a bonus
- Significant Microsoft SQL Server experience is required, you must know SQL well
- Good written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Must be a motivated self starter adept at working remotely
- Must be able to thrive in a geographically disperse environment
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills